AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

One of my favorite events of the year is the American Music Awards. I have been fortunate enough to attend for the past three years;  each year is better in terms of both fashion and talent. This year I attended with Blog Committee Member Laurel! We were on the Red Carpet so we had first hand looks at all the incredible fashion at the show.

I wore this black midi dress by T by Alexander Wang from Revolve. It was the perfect combination of sexy and sleek and fit like a glove! See some of mine and Laurel's favorite looks (and celebrities) below.


Nina Dobrev
As huge fans of The Vampire Diaries, Laurel and I were incredibly excited to see Nina Dobrev. She looked absolutely stunning in this white and floral two piece with jacket from Zuhair Murad. The floral accents were simple and elegant (and floral can go from dainty to grandma very quickly). Although I preferred this ensemble without the jacket, Nina still looked phenomenal. 


Hailee Steinfeld
Another piece from Zuhair Murad (that I wrote about in a blog post a few months ago!). Hailee Steinfeld looked incredibly fierce and mature in this romper paired with Brian Atwood pumps. 


Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood always looks beautiful and ethereal with her style. Gold is typically a difficult color to pull off (especially for blondes) but Carrie stunned in this Elie Madi mini dress and cape. Also, she gave birth to a son nine months ago and looks phenomenal. Seriously, teach me your ways Carrie.

  
Nick Jonas
Taking groutfit to the next level. Nick Jonas donned a grey Topman suit with a lighter grey turtleneck. Nick made an infamously "lazy day" color look sharp.


Zendaya
Zendaya is constantly a powerful presence on any red carpet. At the tender age of 19, she already has a reputation as a fashion queen. The way she works this Emuanuel Ungaro top and skirt further proves her rep. Paired with hot pink Louboutin pumps, Zendaya makes pink look polished. 


Serayah
Black and cropped are already two of my favorite style adjectives. Add feathers and this ensemble is the perfect balance of edge and embellishment. Serayah looked fabulous and calmed down what could be a very extravagant skirt with minimal jewelry, solid strappy shoes and a sleek up-do. 


Julianne Hough
A more artistic take on Tarzan's loincloth. This playful pattern and cheeky slits combined for a very fun and youthful dress by Naeem Khan. 


Harry Styles
If anyone can pull off a white floral suit, it's Harry Styles (and I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite member of One Direction). This Gucci suit with flared pants is another in the list of Harry's flamboyant patterned suits. I would expect nothing less.


Gigi Hadid
My absolute favorite look of the night. One time someone told me I looked like Gigi Hadid and it was one of the best compliments I've ever received. She looked beautiful, classy, sexy and elegant all at the same time. This Bao Tranchi set complimented Gigi's new cropped locks so well. Can I add this set to my Christmas list?



All photos via New York Times and Us Magazine


Overall, it was a fabulous evening filled with fashion, music and so much fun. I'm forever grateful to be able to experience these events in Los Angeles. I hope everybody did well on finals and has an amazing winter break! I'll be reminiscing over when Harry Styles and I made prolonged eye contact at the AMAs #relationshipgoals.

xx Elissa

Comments

Popular Posts