NUANCED MENSWEAR

While clicking through photo after photo of New York, London, and Paris fashion weeks, I spotted many common trends amongst designers, such as military jackets, statement coats, and lace-up detailing, but what caught my eye was the many new ways designers were approaching menswear. The usual structured and boyish blazers and oxford shoes are given a twist in these and many more looks found at Paris Fashion Week. 

Balmain
Balmain’s Spring 2016 show was a beautiful combination of fishnet laces, ruffled boho pants, and more structural pieces with clean lines. This look on Lily Aldridge shows how the smallest amount of skin can add so much to a monochrome and classic look. 

Here, Balmain combines extremely boho, flowy pants with a structured jacket to make a great new version of a tuxedo. I can’t decide if the model looks like the figurine on a wedding cake, or the cake itself, but either way I love the surprising combination. 


John Smith
From what I’ve seen across every online style magazine, small amounts of ruffle were everywhere this week in Paris. I love how the baby ruffles on the sleeves of this blouse add a necessary feminine component to a boyish look. Personally, this Paul Smith design reminds me of every chic French woman attending the shows in Paris.

Paul Smith adds another interesting touch to an old fashioned men’s suit and brogues with this very cool sweater. I can definitely see this look appearing in street style pictures next fall. 


John Galliano
For a more fitted look, John Galliano takes texture and tailoring to the next level with this brocade and metallic look. I love the shrunken blazer and the addition of the fedora, and of course, black booties can’t be left behind. 


xo Sincerely, Claudia

Comments

Popular Posts